What are your tips for writing a good thesis statement?

Go down

What are your tips for writing a good thesis statement? Empty What are your tips for writing a good thesis statement?

Post by 32Surayuth069 on Fri Apr 26, 2019 3:25 pm

Personally, I need to think about what my subject to be elaborated on are and what directions are. To write a five-paragraph essay, we need to think of three directions for the subject being described. More importantly, the good thesis statement must identify the subject of the essay, state the purpose of the essay, and tell the focus of the essay! These things can be just taken from theories! To be a fluent writer, we need to practice composing it oftentimes!

Surayuth 069 3EN

32Surayuth069
ศาสตราจารย์
ศาสตราจารย์

Back to top Go down

What are your tips for writing a good thesis statement? Empty Re: What are your tips for writing a good thesis statement?

Post by 31Wipawee028 on Sun Apr 28, 2019 9:51 pm

In order to write a successful thesis statement:
- Avoid burying a great thesis statement in the middle of a paragraph or late in the paper.
- Be as clear and as specific as possible; avoid vague words.
- Indicate the point of your paper but avoid sentence structures like, “The point of my paper is…”

Wipawee 028 3EN

31Wipawee028
ศาสตราจารย์
ศาสตราจารย์

Back to top Go down

What are your tips for writing a good thesis statement? Empty Re: What are your tips for writing a good thesis statement?

Post by 31Chonlamas008 on Sun Apr 28, 2019 9:54 pm

I don't have any tip to tell you. This time I'm still talking to myself that I will never get a D+. Because my writing was terrible and I get just a tiny score. It's bad for me as well I don't like this subject so much. When this class comes I don't want to go. I found that even I try harder, I still make it bad. So sad.

Chonlamas 3EN 008
31Chonlamas008
31Chonlamas008
ศาสตราจารย์
ศาสตราจารย์

Back to top Go down

Post by 32Praewpoy091 on Sun Apr 28, 2019 10:03 pm

I have learned that the thesis statement should be specific. it should cover only what you will discuss at least 3 things in your paper and should be supported with specific evidence. The thesis statement usually appears at the end of the first paragraph of a paper. Well, as you said, I am not a creative person but the way to improve my writing in the thesis statement is practicing

Praewpoy 091 3EN
32Praewpoy091
32Praewpoy091
ศาสตราจารย์
ศาสตราจารย์

Back to top Go down

Post by 31Nutsuda086 on Thu May 02, 2019 2:21 pm

The thesis statement should tell the reader what the paper is about and also help guide your writing and keep your argument focused. You should avoid merely announcing the topic; your original and specific "angle" should be clear. In this way you will tell your reader why your take on the issue matters.

Nutsuda 086 3EN

31Nutsuda086
ศาสตราจารย์
ศาสตราจารย์

Back to top Go down

Post by 32audchariya041 on Thu May 02, 2019 2:23 pm

A thesis statement focuses your ideas into one or two sentences. It should present the topic of your paper and also make a comment about your position in relation to the topic. Your thesis statement should tell your reader what the paper is about and also help guide your writing and keep your argument focused.
Audchariya 041 3EN

32audchariya041
ศาสตราจารย์
ศาสตราจารย์

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum